Sunday, February 14, 2010

Hedo II - New Year's 2009/2010

After reading Hemingway's "A Moveable Feast" during my recent Hedo vacation, I was inspired to want to write a trip report -- but I quickly realized that this was a bad idea for two reasons:

a) Trip Reports for Hedonism Vacations are probably a little redundant for this message board (and by "a little", I of course mean "a lot")

and

b) anything I could possibly try to write would pathetically pale in comparison to Papa's book
Instead, maybe I'll just post some pix (and a few vids) from the vacation and that will suffice ...

First up, Sunsets ...

I'm a sucker for taking pictures of sunsets -- both here at home and on vacation. It would be a facile analysis to say that I do this because of the inherent beauty from the colors that are produced by these images; I suspect there's a deeper, darker connection for me -- e.g., with the acknowledgment of each passing day, I am also acknowledging that I am one day closer to my inevitable death. Nevertheless, my fascination with them is unceasing. Here are some shots of the sunset on December 29th ...
 

 
  

This year, I had a picture taken with my friend Wicked Kathy -- and no, she does not have an enormous red bulbous clown nose; I obscured her face because I did not get permission to post her picture. That said, I wanted to show you this photo because of a new t-shirt I bought just for my Hedo trip; I strategically had Kathy stand to my immediate right for this photo and if you take a look at the graphic on my shirt (and its caption), you'll see why ...

 
Sunset from Dec. 30, 2009

 Ain't that a cool painting of a ladybug on that rock?

 

The folks at Hedo always find new and different ways to fuck shit up -- here's the latest example ...

In 2009, New Year's Eve fell on a Thursday; I mention this because I would like you to take note of the date on the photo below.

 
Also, you'll of course recall that Thursday night is traditionally Toga Night at Hedo. In the dozen years that I've been going to Hedo for NYE, whenever NYE fell on a "special" night (e.g., Tuesday for the PJ party or Thursday for Toga Night), they have always moved their "special" nights to the next night and kept it separate from NYE. Well, not this year. Note that from the items on the Activity Board in the photo, they listed Toga tying and the talent show; needless to add, they did neither Toga night nor the talent show on this evening. (Nor did it occur at any other point during the week, either)


I've got the biggest cock at Hedo and can prove it:
 

This year on New Year's Eve, they put the ice sculpture in the pool ...  


 
Here's the menu for the night -- plenty of lobster tails to be had (and they cooked them differently from last year, so they weren't dry) ...
 

 
The only champagne they had for purchase this year was Mo√ęt & Chandon -- I bought three bottles for the two tables we merged together (a dozen people) and that proved to be just enough to celebrate come midnight ... 

 

A Blue Moon on New Year's Eve ... 
 
 The countdown to midnight on New Year's Eve at Hedo II ....


After midnight, many of the guests stormed the stage from the dance floor and continued their dancing ... 


Some birds diving for their dinner after sunset one evening ...

My final night at Hedo, I was greeted by a crab keeping guard in front of my room (# 2124):

   

He was a little shy and tried to run away when I attempted to take his picture ...  



... but he quickly realized he couldn't hide ...  



Here's a close - up of the little bastard ...