Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Love Bites



In the lead – up to Valentine’s Day, it may be a good Public Service Announcement to remind people not to give their lover a hickey as serious issues might develop as a result.  Think I’m kidding?  One woman wound up getting paralyzed from her hickey.  Here’s an excerpt from The National Post; please click the link below to read the entire article.


Woman (temporarily) partially paralyzed by hickey

WELLINGTON — A New Zealand woman was temporarily partially paralyzed by a “love bite” on her neck from her amorous partner, doctors reported in the New Zealand Medical Journal.

The 44-year-old woman went to the emergency department of Middlemore Hospital in Auckland last year after experiencing loss of movement in her left arm while watching television, the journal reported.

Doctors concluded the woman had suffered a mild stroke but were puzzled about its cause until they found a small vertical bruise on her neck near a major artery, a love bite, or “hickey,” she received a few days earlier.

This of course begs the rather obvious question:  Have you ever given a hickey to someone (or gotten one) that caused embarrassment or some other kind of problem for one or both of you?  Post a comment below and share the tale …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak Your Piece, Beeyotch!